Man receives 10 per cent burns

 A MAN is in John Hunter Hospital in a stable condition after a house fire in Cessnock last night.

Paramedics were called to the Hutton St home about 10.20pm where a 27-year-old man was found with burns to 10 per cent of his body including his back and shoulders.

A Fire and Rescue NSW spokesman told media  the fire was started by unattended food on the stove. The unit received heat and smoke damage.

Authorities believe unattended food on the stove caused the fire.

Authorities believe unattended food on the stove caused the fire.