Residents escape uninjured as fire destroys house at Pokolbin

ALIGHT: Nicole Spears was passing by the Gillards Road blaze on Thursday evening and captured this photo.
ALIGHT: Nicole Spears was passing by the Gillards Road blaze on Thursday evening and captured this photo.

A Pokolbin house has been completely destroyed by fire, believed to have been ignited by a faulty circuit board.

Emergency services were called to Gillards Road, Pokolbin, around 5.20pm Thursday, following reports of a house fire.

Fire and Rescue NSW and NSW Rural Fire Service attended and found the home to be entirely engulfed.

The fire was brought under control and emergency services remained on scene for some time to extinguish the flames.

The occupants of the home, a 68-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman, escaped the blaze uninjured.

Officers from Hunter Valley Police District attended and established a crime scene.

The premises and its contents appear to be completely destroyed and the structure has been deemed unstable.

Investigations continue however, it is believed the fire started in a circuit board in the laundry and it is not being treated as suspicious.

Comments