While Cessnock and Kurri Kurri Libraries have temporarily closed, residents of the Cessnock local government area can still sign up online to access a huge range of free material to keep you (and the kids) entertained at home.
The Cessnock City Library 24/7 eBranch can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, and it's free to join.
Members can access thousands of eBooks, eMagazines, eMusic, eFilms, documentaries and TV shows.
- Kanopy (which has more than 30,000 documentaries, classic and indie films, and Kanopy for Kids)
- BorrowBox (over 3000 eBook and eAudiobook titles for adults and kids)
- RB Digital Audiobooks (approximately 1800 titles)
- RB Digital Magazines (150-plus free eMagazine subscriptions including Women's Weekly, ABC Gardening Australia, Who, Wheels, Money Magazine, Woman's Day and kids' magazines), and
- Freegal (through which members can download and own up to five songs per week free from a library of over 15 million songs; plus 24-hour music streaming).
Cessnock City Council's library services coordinator Rose-marie Walters is inviting residents to head to libraries.cessnock.nsw.gov.au and click on 'join.'
"After completingthe joining form, you will receive an automatically generated temporary membership number. Then our staff will then email an official membership number so you can start using our 24/7 eBranch," Ms Walters said.
If you need any assistance, library staff are available by phoning 4993 4399 (Cessnock) or 4937 1638 (Kurri Kurri) during business hours.