After a few days of heavy rain, sunny skies are set to return to Cessnock this week.
The city was doused with 84.2mm of rain in 72 hours - including 55.2mm in the 24 hours up to 9am Monday, which was the wettest July day recorded at the Cessnock Airport weather station in at least 26 years.
Mostly sunny days are predicted for the next week, with tops of 18 to 20 degrees, although showers may return by Tuesday.
Stay tuned to bom.gov.au for the up-to-date forecast.
THIS WEEK'S FORECAST
- Wednesday: 7-20, partly cloudy
- Thursday: 5-20, mostly sunny
- Friday: 5-18, mostly sunny
- Saturday: 4-19, mostly sunny
- Sunday: 5-20, sunny
- Monday: 5-19, mostly sunny
- Tuesday: 5-19, possible showers