The long awaited Government Road, Gingers Lane and Hart Road roundabout has been officially opened.
The new piece of infrastructure, which is a significant milestone in the project to upgrade one of the busiest feeder roads to the Hunter Expressway, opened on Thursday.
All stages of the Gingers Lane upgrade and Hart Road roundabout construction are now complete.
Stage Four of the Gingers Lane project saw the road rebuilt from Stringybark Place to the new Hart Road roundabout at the intersection of Gingers Lane with Government Road, Sawyers Gully Road and Hart Road.
The Hart Road roundabout construction was made possible with funding from Transport for NSW totalling $1.8 million.
In other news today:
While Gingers Lane was complete in January it could not be opened until the Hart Road Roundabout was complete.
The Gingers Lane project was jointly funded by the NSW Government's Restart NSW Fixing Country Roads program and Cessnock City Council.
Pavement renewal works on Government Road from the roundabout to Mitchell Avenue have also been undertaken.
The Government Road project was funded by a Federal Government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Grant totalling more than $300,000.
- Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Bookmark maitlandmercury.com.au
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
- Follow us on Twitter: @MaitlandMercury
- Follow us on Instagram @maitlandmercury
- Follow us on Google New