The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast rain for Cessnock on Thursday and Friday, and a mostly sunny weekend before possible showers on Monday.
Maximum temperatures are expected to range from 17 to 19 degrees. Minimums will be a little warmer than average, with overnight lows of 8-9 degrees on Thursday and Friday, before dropping back to two degrees overnight on Monday.
Stay tuned to bom.gov.au for the up-to-date forecast.
THIS WEEK'S FORECAST
- Wednesday: 6-18, fog then sunny
- Thursday: 9-18, chance of showers
- Friday: 9-19, chance of showers
- Saturday: 5-18, mostly sunny
- Sunday: 3-17, sunny
- Monday: 4-17, shower or two
- Tuesday: 6-18, showers
WHAT'S MAKING NEWS
- Cessnock mayor Bob Pynsent announces retirement
- Labor names candidates for council election
- Coalfields Cancer Support Group folds, but leaves a legacy to be proud of
- EPA, Defence flag concerns over gas plant plan
- Cessnock Public School Breakfast Club celebrates 20 years
- Origin ticket raffle supports rescue squad
- Wine and beer festival celebrates best of both worlds
- Night roadworks on Hunter Expressway
- WHAT'S ON: Cessnock Business Chamber to hold scavenger rally
- SPORT: Morris scores last-gasp winner in 300th game for Bears
- SPORT: Pickers to good for Goannas, while Bulldogs have gutsy win
- SPORT: Podium finish for Cessnock at state netball titles
READ THE PAPER ONLINE
- If you don't receive a copy of the Advertiser, you can view our FREE digital print edition here.