Fire breaks out in rubbish truck sparking battery warning

Updated March 19 2024 - 6:31pm, first published 11:14am
A load of rubbish had to be dumped from the truck due to the fire. Picture by Cessnock council
A load of rubbish had to be dumped from the truck due to the fire. Picture by Cessnock council

A Hunter council has warned residents not to dispose of batteries in kerbside bins after a fire broke out in the back of a rubbish truck.

Subscribe now for unlimited access.

or signup to continue reading

All articles from our website
The digital version of Today's Paper
Breaking news alerts direct to your inbox
Interactive Crosswords, Sudoku and Trivia
All articles from the other in your area
paypalmastercardvisa

Get the latest Cessnock news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.